Our mission is to bring free access and affordable to wireless internet to Historic Downtown Bowmanville.
Our goals are simple:
- Provide free and affordable wireless internet connectivity starting with Historic Downtown Bowmanville and expanding out from there;
- Develop partnerships with local businesses and community organizations to share bandwidth and costs associated with expanding the network;
- Be an economic development tool to help attract and retain businesses and customers both established and young alike
What do we need to green light this project?
- We need Sponsors - Sponsors are what make Project Bowmanville come to life. With their sponsorship an access point they allow the network to grow. Before phase one begins we need to make sure we have enough sponsors to make the basic network.
- Besides Sponsors we need a loving business in the Phase one area to house some small equipment (our modem and router) and possibly provide some roof space so we can broadcast out our initial signal. Don't worry we take care of all the equipment.
We are trying to cover from Scugog Street along hwy 2 to Division Street. By joining our network we would require one our access points to be placed in a window facing hwy 2 or a roof top space so access points can mesh together with other units to form one network.
To be a sponsor you need to be in the Phase one area, A yearly fee of $500 is required,
What do sponsors receive with their sponsorship?